Where To Look For A New or Used Laser Sailboat For Sale
There are several excellent places you can look at when you want to buy a second-hand Laser sailboat. As well as asking around (especially down at your local club before or after a race, or your friends, family, and coworkers who may know of someone selling a laser dinghy), some other common places to look for a used Lasers dinghy for sale include:
- Online marketplaces: For example, eBay and Craigslist. They don’t always have many options for dinghies, but you may want to set up an alert anyway. Sometimes they have some accessories at good prices.
- Various sailing/Laser Forums: just search ‘laser forums’ as most have online classified sections, with https://sailingforums.com/ worth visiting.
- Laser dealers/shops: secondhand boats are often used for trade-ins on newer ones and boat shop owners will often know someone with something for sale.
- Notice boards at Sailing Clubs: members upgrading/downsizing will often sell their older boats and post them on notice boards. Visit our Laser Sailing Club Directory to see if there is a club near you… click here (if you have a laser sailing club near you that is not listed, let us know!).
- Newspaper/sailing magazine classifieds: can be a good place to find deals near your home.
- Online boat brokers: Websites like YachtWorld or BoatTrader have listings for new and used boats, including laser dinghies.
- Various websites: there are many great websites where you can find laser dinghies for sale. See some examples in specific countries below…
In addition to these potential sources, there are many country-specific websites where you will be able to locate used laser sailboat listings. They include the following*:
- Qld Laser Association
- Double Bay Sailing Club
- Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron
- Laser Direct (new gear)
- Port Melbourne Yacht Club
- Boats Online
- PSA Sailing (new gear)
- Western Australian Laser Association
- Australian Radio Yachting Association (RC Lasers)
- Radio Control Sailing Australia (RC Lasers)
In the United States:
- West Coast Sailing (new gear)
- Shoreline Sailboats (new gear)
- Smart Marine Guide
- Intensitysails (new gear)
- Sailsport Marine (new gear)
- Laser I Store (new gear)
- Fogh Marine
- Alberta Sailing Association
- Marine Outfitters (new gear)
In the United Kingdom:
- Apollo Duck
- Sailing Chandlery (new gear)
- rclasers.com (RC Lasers)
- sailboats.co.uk (new gear)
- Sailingfast (new gear)
In the Netherlands:
In New Zealand:
* We are not affiliated with these sites and have not purchased through many of them. They are listed for your information only. Use with caution.
Finding the right used laser sailboat is not difficult once you have determined if you are shopping for a new or used dinghy, as there are many different sources available at your fingertips. Sure, you might have to look at a few before you find the right dinghy that matches your exact requirements, but it’s checking out a few is invaluable as you will learn a lot in the process. You will learn heaps from doing your own research and talking to owners of laser dinghies for sale.
What’s Your Tip For The Best Place To Find a Laser Sailboat For Sale?
Have you got any other tips and places to check out when looking for a used laser sailboat for sale?
I actually bought my Laser from Sailing Pro Shop. Just another option for those looking.
How much can I expect to get for my laser. It is three years old and sailed only a few times. It is not banged up at all. It was stored in our garage over the winter with a cover. We paid 15,000 for it. We are in NH, the lakes region.
That depends on many factors, including the age and condition of your Laser sailboat. But on top of this, it also depends on what others are selling for in your area. This is often a good starting point – checking the price of other Lasers dinghies in the area. So spend some time researching to get a good idea of what is a realistic sale price.
Here is some more information that you might find useful when selling your dinghy – check it out here.
Good luck with it.
$15 000.?? The gold-plated version? ?
(Brand-new, in 2021, Lasers run for a tad under $5K)
Not in Australia they don’t.
Any tips for selling a Laser? I have it posted on three sailing sites, including sailingforums.com, craigslist, and facebook. I have a 2007 Laser in excellent condition rarely sailed and never in salt water.
Thanks for your message.
I have put together some information to help Laser sailors sell their dinghies as quickly and easily as possible, and for the best price. Check it out here.
Hope it helps, and all the best.